Flying Quality Engineer
JT4 is hiring a Flying Quality Engineer for their Edwards Air Force Base located in California.
Performs as a lead on more complex engineering assignments. Performs a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, design, development, manufacturing, testing, installation, integration, sustainment, operation, and maintenance of diverse software, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and systems. Performs generally as a lead of a development, sustainment, or operations & maintenance team on more complex engineering assignments.
- Independently performs a range of design, development, analysis, or review tasks under generally established project deadlines.
- Completes design specifications, analyses, or design reviews for complex projects.
- Generates complete design specifications for more complex projects.
- Coordinates and works closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Verifies and complies with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Prepares, delivers, and submits technical papers and performs engineering studies.
- Supports development of technical proposals and provides comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Develops, maintains, and produces technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Directs interface with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities; acts as liaison for design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conducts site visits and experimental investigations and analyzes engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives, and provides recommendations.
- Performs other position-related duties and assignments as directed.
RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Flying Quality Engineer will have experience in flight vehicle performance, stability and control, and flight-test planning, preparation & execution. This experience should include test plan development, real-time control room monitoring, post test data analysis, authoring test plans and formal test reports.
- Key Components - Develop test plans and requirements for flying qualities and performance flight-testing. Support flight test preparation by calculating vehicle performance and handling qualities predictions and limitations.
- Be a member of flight test team, including supporting real-time monitoring in the control room during flight test for performance & flying qualities.
- Conduct post flight data analysis and provide updates as necessary to improve vehicle performance or handling.
- Develop standardized analysis and reporting tools.
- Document test data and results through informal and formal test reports.
- Control Room experience, test plan development & data analysis experience are highly desired.
- Experience in the use of MATLAB and IADS a strong plus.
- Ability to successfully complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 8 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 6 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering.
- Must have mastery of concepts, principles, and practices of engineering that enables the employee to serve as a technical authority on projects relating to the specific programs.
- Knowledge and skill sufficient to apply the latest developments in engineering to solve problems in the specialty area along with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools and possess planning/organizing skills.
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
- Must possess a valid, state issued driver's license.
- Must be a US citizen with an ACTIVE TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.