Job Title: Chemist II
Responsible for an intermediate level of expertise in analytical chemistry, chromatographic methods of analysis and instrumentation troubleshooting to execute projects and chemical analysis consistent with the goals of the department.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT
- Performs accurate routine chemical testing as well as chromatographic methods of analysis (HPLC, GC, TLC, AA) to meet departmental objectives.
- Audits chemistry SOP’s and updates and writes new procedures to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Assists in the formal training of lab personnel on topics such as GMP, safety, antineoplastic and new employee training.
- Provides technical support for methods validations.
- Applies computer experience to perform data collection and analysis of testing data to meet objectives of department.
- Performs troubleshooting of instrumentation by applying problem solving skills and sourcing out literature or vendors if necessary. Assist Associate Chemist personnel troubleshooting difficulties.
- Maintains accurate records of all work performed with respect to a given project. Ensure documentation meets facility audit as well as cGMP or GLP requirements.
- Establishes work priorities based on schedule needs using own judgment and objective reasoning.
- Possess a B.S. in Chemistry, along with HPLC/GC/TLC.
- 3-6 years of related experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have hands-on experience and knowledge of chromatographic methods of analysis (HPLC, GC, TLC, AA).
- Familiarity with cGMP and Federal regulations.
- Previously pharmaceutical experience preferred.