Senior Specialist Testing & Documentation
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
About Abbott Diagnostics:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Lake Forest, IL currently has an opportunity for a Senior Specialist Testing & Documentation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Interpret applicable internal and external requirements and translate into procedures to define Division business processes and Quality System.
- Define process improvements to ensure consistent implementation of internal requirements and external laws, regulations, guidance, and standards (LRGS).
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identify internal requirements and external laws, regulations, guidance, and standards (LRGS) applicable to one or more of Division's quality systems.
- Interpret applicable internal requirements and external LRGS and incorporate into requirements for use in Abbott business processes.
- Identify areas of potential noncompliance within Abbott.
- Review and update the Quality System Manual as needed.
- Educate functional areas on quality system requirements.
- Participate cross functionally and across business units to standardize Abbott business quality system policies and procedures.
- Mediate resolution of interdepartmental and cross business unit process conflicts.
- Collect business process data from different parts of the company for analysis.
- Act as an expert resource in specific LRGS requirement knowledge for Abbott.
- May be responsible for identifying training requirements, programs, and tracking systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 6 years Related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area.
- Working knowledge and application of business concepts, procedures, and practices and LRGS.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Has a general knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.