Complex Claim Adjuster, Non Profit
AmTrust North America
Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, is seeking a Complex Commercial Claims Adjuster for the Non Profit book of business. This position can be located in one of our claims offices, with the possibility of working remotely. The successful candidate will directly handle both litigated and non-litigated commercial general liability claims. The successful candidate will also exhibit a strong proficiency in insurance coverage analysis and risk transfer.
- Recognizing exposures and ensuring reserving is appropriate and timely
- Evaluating coverage issues and risk transfer opportunities
- Ensuring appropriate investigation of the underlying facts and circumstances is carried out, proper experts are retained and utilized where necessary, selection and utilization of counsel is appropriate, proper negotiation strategy is employed.
- Effectively communicate with our internal and external business partners
- Formulate proper resolution strategies to ensure best outcome.
- Position may require periodic travel to attend meditations, trials and/or other related meetings
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in the handling or litigating of commercial general liability Non Profit claims.
- Strong contractual analysis skills to include the analysis of insurance contracts for coverage analysis and other contracts for risk transfer obligations/opportunities
- Proficient computer skills required to navigate our paperless claim file system.
- Possesses a high level of technical claim and legal knowledge and skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to professionally interact at a high level with parties both internal and external to AmTrust.
- Ability to effectively influence others without damaging relationships.
- Skillful negotiator.
- Adjuster licensing as required
- CPCU designation/AIC certification preferred.
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice.