This position is responsible for a variety of tasks. An administrator is a team player, works well under pressure, and can multi task. This position is a point of contact for customers with inquiries on products, orders, and deliveries. Daily job duties include answering customer calls and emails, processing orders, entering and finding pricing, reading and completing of contracts, maintaining sales records, and assisting the sales team.
- Provide timely and quality customer service by answering calls, emails, and other inquiries from customers.
- Take ownership, facilitate and communicate between all Alpha Baking departments and our customers to resolve customer issues.
- Assist in research and resolution of customer supply chain issues.
- Prepare customer bids and contracts in collaboration with the Sales Representative.
- Maintain accurate customer, product, and pricing data.
- Create and maintain regularly scheduled weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales reports.
- Communicate to Alpha Baking staff, customers, and vendors through a variety of platforms.
- Weekend and overtime work as required.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience in customer support, client services, sales, or a related field a plus
- Excellent customer care and focus; ability to assess customers’ needs and provide the correct answer, path, troubleshooting, or method for a positive customer experience
- Ability to think fast, find answers, and respond quickly to customer issues, all with a polite, empathic, and professional voice and manner.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Professional verbal, telephone, and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in a team-player role.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Basic computer skills and experience, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to answer the phone, listen actively, relay information, and type basic information simultaneously.
- Customer-focused for a positive customer experience and resolution.
Alpha Baking Company, Inc., a national distributor of breads, rolls and buns, as well as sweet goods, was founded in 1979. Headquartered in Chicago, Alpha Baking has three production plants in Illinois and others in Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Alpha Baking’s retail brands include S. Rosen’s, MaryAnn, Natural Ovens Bakery, Kreamo, and Golden Hearth, with additional product sold under private label agreements and the Alpha Baking foodservice brand. Our broad array of products can be found in national restaurant chains, quick service restaurants, schools, institutions, major league sports franchises, national grocery chains and independent grocery stores.
We are an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws which include race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or veteran status, Alpha Baking Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Apply