Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
JOB SUMMARY: Market and promote Financial Products Division (FPD) products and services to Caterpillar dealers and customers in an assigned area. Develop strong relationships with Caterpillar enterprise partners and key FPD departments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Promotes and supports Caterpillar’s enterprise strategy and FPD’s strategy by collaborating with Territory Managers and Sales Managers to meet Line Unit volume metrics and goals. Supports a strong work climate and engagement with Territory Managers.
2. Promotes Aftermarket products and services to Caterpillar dealers in an assigned territory.
3. Promotes usage of Cat Card or similar product for parts, service, rental and all Caterpillar merchandising programs to Caterpillar dealers in an assigned territory, where applicable.
4. Creates and facilitates financial products and systems training for dealer sales, finance, service and administration organizations, as well as Local Office and support departments.
5. Identifies and develops focus programs and analyzes spread, PODD (EPP and Finance) and area metrics to assess dealer needs.
6. Drives improvement in dealer retail finance processes and the customer finance experience between dealer finance management and Line Unit support.
7. Develops and implements a sales strategy by dealer supporting Cat Card, CFIS products and other Aftermarket initiatives including, but not limited to CVA, Unsecured and Secured Rebuild/Repair financing options.
8. Develops and maintains relationships of key dealer personnel, machine business division DSD and CISD partners and FPD employees to drive Caterpillar enterprise strategic objectives and increase customer loyalty. Champions services provided by the FPD, CFAS and CFIS.
9. Analyzes area results, assists with gathering competitive intelligence information, identifies gaps and implements necessary improvement plans to meet business goals and objectives. Creates and delivers presentations.
10. Promotes Caterpillar enterprise business unit, dealer and FPD alignment.
11. Counsels dealer personnel about tax law changes, finance concepts such as discounted cash flow, time value concepts, computation of interest, and financial accounting concepts (expense allocation, depreciation write-offs and balance sheet financing) etc. which are needed by dealer personnel to promote the sale of Caterpillar equipment with financing from Caterpillar Financial Services.
12. Initiates and develops good customer relations through explaining initial transaction quotations to customers, collecting customer credit information, answering technical questions, evaluating and attempting to meet competitive offerings, and obtaining final customer acceptance of transactions.
13. May have credit approval authority.
14. Verifies customer signatures on documentation, collects initial payment, and secures necessary insurance information for contract completion.
15. Assists in the collection of past due amounts, oversees repossession of equipment as needed.
16. Negotiates the restructuring of transactions to meet customer needs while meeting the expectations of Company management.
17. Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of Company financing programs in a given territory.
18. Evaluates current market trends and supplies new forecast information to management for inclusion in the Company business plan.
19. Monitors economic activity in a territory, and reports equipment market trends and competitive financial offerings to management.
20. Continuously evaluates growth areas and potential new markets for possible financing opportunities.
21. Provides the dealer with all promotional material on the various insurance products, some of which are passed on to the end-user.
22. May explain the insurance products in detail and follows up with the dealers on questions or problems.
23. Shows the dealer how financing and insurance can be sold as a complete package to meet customer needs.
24. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
25. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Thorough ability to understand the drivers of dealer satisfaction.
2. Thorough understanding to create and develop Cat Merchandising programs.
3. Thorough understanding of Cat Financial systems.
4. Proven knowledge of and the ability to leverage SFDC.
5. Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply finance concepts.
6. Demonstrated ability to analyze the financial status of customers.
7. Thorough knowledge of finance/leasing products, policies, and procedures.
8. Thorough understanding of CFSC credit policies and procedures, documentation and pricing models to negotiate acceptable pricing and terms on transactions.
9. Thorough working knowledge of Caterpillar dealer, Caterpillar District and Machine Business Division organizations.
10. Proven ability to develop and enhance positive dealer and customer relationships.
11. Proven ability to monitor market conditions to ensure competitiveness of financial products and pricing while assuring adequate profit for risk taken.
12. Advanced knowledge of and the ability to promote the value of CFSC as a finance/lease and insurance source by focusing on flexibility, quality, and high level of service provided.
13. Demonstrated knowledge of Caterpillar products, their applications and their markets.
14. Demonstrated knowledge of Caterpillar dealer organizations.
15. Demonstrated ability to define insurance markets and recommend insurance solutions.
16. Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and marketing techniques.
17. Demonstrated knowledge of insurance products and their markets, compliance and regulations.
18. Demonstrated knowledge and the ability to promote the value of Cat Card as an unsecured finance source.
19. Demonstrated ability to apply human relations skills.
20. Ability to travel to dealer locations is required on a regular basis up to 50% of the time.
21. Ability to drive a car or adequately arrange for transportation to and from dealerships, customer sites, etc.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree in any discipline and a minimum of 5 years exempt experience in credit, customer services, collections, marketing, insurance, sales and/or financial statement analysis is recommended. Must be licensed or qualified to be licensed in jurisdictions they serve, if required. If licensed, continuing education to maintain license would be required. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits along with the potential of a variable bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .