Continuous Improvement Manager
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will develop and map out areas of improvement for manufacturing and R&D. Will also interact with Quality, R&D, Operations, and Engineering to create improvements in design/production and increase efficiency for the new Midwest location
Our client is a ground breaking food tech company that experiencing impressive growth due to their unique product. They have recently built their Midwest headquarters in Chicago and seek a CI Manager to grow out their Continuous Improvement team.
- Map and analyze processes and identify ways to reduce waste, improve work flow, and otherwise increase efficiency.
- Coach and support the development of plant governance / routines to accelerate sustainable results.
- Successfully establish an operating environment that embraces the continuous improvement process.
- Document processes, instructions, recommendations, and key metrics. Regularly and efficiently communicate the progress of all implementation efforts to the relevant parties within the whole organization.
- Organize and prioritize process improvements and projects through proactive project management and communication.
- Operate as the liaison between the R&D, Operations, Quality, Product Development and Engineering groups to plan, implement and scale up capacity and quality improvement initiatives in our manufacturing facility, with the goal of increasing the plant capacity and product quality.
- Act as a Change Agent, promoting the vision and the path to Manufacturing Excellence.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering, business, or related field
- Background in chemistry, biology, or other experience in analytical characterization of bioproducts is preferred
- 4+ years of leadership experience to include continuous improvement projects and/or coaching in a manufacturing or related environment required.
- Experience leading Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC, Kaizen or TPM efforts in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Ability to use project management tools, MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Mini-tab in order to efficiently handle the workflow and transactions generated.
- Competitive base salary between $110,000- $140,000, depending on experience and skills
- Performance based bonus opportunity
- Unlimited/Flexible PTO
- 401(k) match
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package