QA Samples Coordinator
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
QA Samples Coordinator
1500 Center Cir
Downers Grove, Illinois, 60515
GENERAL PURPOSE: Prepare samples and ensure that product specifications meet job ticket/customer expectations (size, style, color and copy) by reviewing each sample for defects, consistency in color and match to color approval target. Ensure samples matches supplied copy. Package samples for shipment daily for delivery to next operation and or sales and customer as required. Assist and perform quality sortation as required and directed. Follow all company rules regulations and safety requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Reads job ticket and sales order to identify any special instructions / requirements.
• Inspects each sample that will be sent to the customer, sales, CSR and file room to ensure all aspects of quality.
• Verifies product is correct to job ticket specifications (graphic ID numbers, item numbers, UPC codes or other specifications).
• Compares samples to proof, inspects samples, measures and verifies finished product to ensure it meets specifications, compares product to copy target.
• Checks samples for cosmetic defects (hickeys, register, color variation, moiré pattern, scratches, markings, etc.).
• Where required, notifies appropriate management for 2nd approval on samples prior to shipping.
• Packages samples ensuring to package/wrap to prevent damage in transit.
• Identifies suspect / non-conforming product and reports any issues identified to AQL Lead and or department manager for direction.
• Perform defect and or version sortation as directed.
• Promotes and supports WestRock quality system.
• Follow all established WestRock department policies, procedures and work instructions.
• Follow WestRock safety and environmental guidelines.
• Perform other job duties as assigned
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a quality and or graphic arts role required.
- Experience working with quality control or print related visual process preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills (e-mail, word processing, etc...
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must have good organization skills.
- Must have ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Must have ability to manage competing projects and multiple projects.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.