Quality Engineer, Medical Device
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
* Description The individual will ensure that projects are implemented, internal/external quality issues are investigated, and root cause and corrective/preventive actions are identified and executed.Additional Responsibilities will include but not be limited to;New Product Development
* Participate in Design Reviews, including Technical Reviews, Feasibility Discussion, and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) creation
* Assist in documenting development work including supporting writing specifications for manufacturing or identifying and/or evaluating scientific test results
* Update existing inspection plans, test methods, and standard operating procedures
* Conduct sample size determination, statistical analysis, training, and root cause analysis
* Bachelor's degree (required) in Engineering field (desired).
* 5+ years related experience (required) in Medical Devices Industry (preferred).
* Ability to perform routine design and engineering tasks with some assistance.
* Ability to interpret product requirements from drawings, specifications, blueprints, etc. and to identify and drive corrections of inconsistencies or inaccuracies in same
* Able to command use of inspection and measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, and tensile strength testers
* Highly motivated, detail-oriented, eager to drive needed change in the organization
Our client is a subsidiary of a Fortune 200 manufacturer that has been in business for over 100 years. They are a manufacturer and distributor of medical device components. They have been incredibly stable throughout COVID-19. They seek a Quality Engineer to join their team and report to the Regional Quality Manager.
* Competitive base salary, between $85,000- $100,000, commensurate with experience and skills
* Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* 15 days of PTO + 5 Personal Days and 9 Holidays
* Tuition reimbursement
* 401(k) with 5% company match