Director of Quality
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Our client is a contract manufacturer specializing in precision maching and assemblies in multiple industries mainly focused on aerospace. They are seeking a new director of quality to come in and revamp the quality department. The ideal candidate is one with creativity when it comes to problem solving with experience building up a quality department in the past.
Our client is a contract manufacturer specializing in precision machining and assemblies in multiple industries mainly focused on aerospace. They are seeking a new director of quality to come in and revamp the quality department. The ideal candidate is one with creativity when it comes to problem solving with experience building up a quality department in the past.
- Management of the quality control department which includes: CMM operators, quality technicians (manual and visual), CMM programmers, receiving / supplier quality, QE's (document control, FAI's, PPAP), gauge calibration, non-conforming materials (MRB).
- Manage department and personnel in support of production and customer requirements while meeting quality and delivery expectations.
- Responsible for all corrective actions ensuring that they are implemented monitored and verified for effectiveness.
- Performs contract review on customer orders to ensure feasibility in meeting quality requirements/clauses, including risk mitigation, customer flow downs, product verification needs, special studies, and more to support production activities.
- Ensure that QMS is being followed, assist with internal audits as needed to support ISO, AS, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Customer support in regards to technical quality issues, SCARS, source inspection, and customer audits.
- Technical support for production and quality personnel.
- Direct and assist with FAIR's, PPAP's, Statistical studies etc.
- Ensure quality employees are properly trained, cross trained and mentored.
- Lead continuous improvement of processes, product verification activities and understands the contribution to the effectiveness of the QMS.
- Aware of quality policies, procedures, objectives, contribution to conformance of product, safety and ethics
- 12 years minimum working in a quality control lab related to machined components.
- 5 years minimum in a management role with responsibilities and a minimum of 5 or more direct reports.
- Strong GD&T and drawing interpretation skills.
- Experience with use and calibration of inspection equipment (Bore gauges, Air gauging, Micrometers, Height gauges etc).
- Previous CMM experience preferred.
- Experience with ISO and AS quality management system requirements.
- Ability to perform, oversee and approve PPAP's, FAIR's, and statistical analysis studies.
- Ability to identify inspection gauging, fixture needs and recommend purchase, as applicable.
- Previous experience working with Prime Aerospace customers and approved special process and raw material suppliers.
- Base Salary of 130-150k depending on experience
- Full control over the Quality department with the ability to implement and oversee new practices
- Flexible vacation time
- 401k matching