Sr. MDM Data Quality Analyst - IL Lisle
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc.
Job ID: 6383
Be a part of the digital transformation in the global metals supply chain. Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., a leader in the metals processing and distribution service center industry, is expanding its IT Analytics group to add a Sr. MDM Data Quality Analyst to optimize our sales and supply chain operations. Your strategic responsibilities will include participating with implementing and developing Informatica Foundation 360 with a focus on introducing expanded data quality controls around the major Master Data Domains that drive analytics and reporting for the Company.
The Ideal Candidate Possesses the Following Qualities:
• Strong quantitative and logical thinking skills combined with the ability to think creatively, envision relationships between data, and communicate those findings to key decision makers.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and understand new software products and concepts, including ability to self-instruct using available texts and other resources.
• Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on ability to organize tasks, manage multiple projects, create and maintain documentation, prioritize work and meet deadlines with minimal direct supervision.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact across multiple departments and levels within a medium to large size enterprise.
• Ability to work independently or with minimal instruction.
Professional and Technical Responsibilities Include:
• Lead the initial implementation and development of Informatica MDM Foundation 360
o Onboarding, loading, and processing of multiple data sources,
o Creation, maintenance, and enhancement of validation and transformation rules,
o Creation, maintenance, and enhancement of data element matching processes,
o Development and enhancement of workflow processes including matching and approval,
o Implement dashboards and reports showing progress and improvements in data quality
• Facilitate improvement of master data quality as the technical owner of Informatica MDM Foundation 360. Be the MDM Champion as an Informatica expert driving change through continuous review of existing processes, staying current with new system features and capabilities, and expanding the data domains under MDM controls.
• Analyze the various data domains identifying data quality improvement opportunities and lead or collaborate Data Maintenance projects that lead to quantifiable Quality Improvement results.
• Use all available software tools including Informatica Foundation 360, Excel, and Access to extract, analyze and synthesize data to provide timely, accurate business insights.
• Work with data from all business disciplines (Materials, Customers, Vendors …) at all business levels (local, regional, corporate).
• Work with people from all business disciplines (Supply Chain, Sales, Operations, …) at all business levels (local, regional, corporate). This includes outside technical consultants when appropriate.
• Gather and document requirements for projects and reports as well as generate business user training materials including direct communication with internal and external stakeholders.
• Actively participate in the data collection, testing and validation for newly created and existing data sources as well as facilitate the data quality scorecards for same.
• All other duties as they are assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative major such as Supply Chain, Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Accounting, Finance or similar business area.
• Strong preference given to candidates with experience working with Informatica MDM tool sets especially cloud hosted Informatica Foundation 360.
• Preference given to candidates with experience in the metals industry, data quality software such as SAP Data Services and Information Steward and/or other Data Quality or MDM solutions.
• Advanced level abilities in ad hoc analysis tools such as Microsoft Excel and Access, including knowledge of pivot tables, v-lookups, and query writing to collect, transform and evaluate data to provide actionable information.
• 5 or more years of relevant business experience, with 2 or more years in lead role supporting Master Data Management and Data Quality Improvements.
• Occasional travel required.
About Our Team:
Ryerson IT Analytics is part of the office of the Chief Data Officer and supports key decision-makers across the company. Our toolset includes best-of-breed software such as Salesforce.com, Microsoft PowerBI, Azure Analytics, IBM Cognos, Oracle, and SAP, in addition to in-house resources for custom application development. We are proud to employ a diverse team of analysts and developers as we help build and maintain the systems that drive Ryerson’s business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.