Consulting Legal Business Solutions - Intern JD - Summer 2022
Time Type: Full-time
Travel Requirements: Up to 40%
The Innovation Team is at the core of innovation and emerging technology development, discovery, deployment and support activity. Our team is leading the effort to digitally enable our business. Our mission is to develop disruptive & innovative technologies and products that drive the evolution of how we deliver our services now and in the future. The key technology domains we are currently focused on include business process automation, data curation, industrialized analytics, machine learning & AI and scalable delivery platform. A career in our Tax Reporting and Strategy practice, within Innovation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients’ tax departments redesign, redefine, and redeploy tax to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. You’ll focus on assisting clients incorporate increased automation in the tax reporting process, increase analytic capabilities through data integration, and create solid internal controls that will enable the Tax function to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making. Our team helps our clients expand the tax role to include research, analytics, and technologies to improve how their organisation collaborates and performs. You’ll focus on enhancing the tax reporting process by incorporating increased automation, integrating quality data, developing analytic capabilities, and utilising technology to deliver better quality output in less time.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
PwC Legal Business Solutions is a strategic cross-functional team of highly skilled legal domain and technology consulting experts focused on services for the Chief Legal Officer / General Counsel for our corporate clients. With the goal to help optimize the legal function and move the function from being viewed as a cost center up the value chain, we seek to be a trusted advisor for the strategy and operations that extend throughout the law department.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success with identifying and addressing client needs:
- Analyzing financial product contracts;
- Understanding of one or more LegalTech products including eBilling, Matter Management, legal
- spend management;
- Familiarizing yourself with Contract Lifecycle Management tools;
- Designing optimized process maps, workflows and gap analysis for various workstreams in legal departments, particularly with respect to contracting;
- Implementing legal technology, including selection of software packages, assessments of processes and data flows, legal systems implementation and configuration and digital transformation;
- Identifying and addressing client needs by developing and sustaining client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities;
- Preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials, and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing, and collection; and,
- Directing and leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff and encourage improvement and innovation.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success with identifying and addressing client needs by effectively utilizing written and verbal business communication skills within a professional business services environment, including interacting with clients and firm staff and/or management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.