Sr. EDI Claims Software Engineer
Seeking a Sr. Software Engineer with strong EDI Claims experience. Here, each line of code you write will directly impact someone's life. We're a burgeoning dev team with a lot of work to get done. This is your opportunity to improve an existing product and also work on new development, all while learning the business in a startup environment.
- Take ownership of the claims and eligibility portion of company platform
- Work with internal and external resources to meet the needs of clients and regulatory agencies
- Participate in technical discussions with clients
- Work independently or collaboratively with product stakeholders and peers while guiding teammates and providing feedback to the betterment of the entire team.
- Constantly strive to improve the process and overall capabilities of the work.
- Coach Software Engineers on work delivery and quality, serving as a role model
- Evaluate new projects from an architectural perspective, taking into account all relevant software solutions and the impact modifications to existing software solutions will have
- Actively seek out areas of improvement, with a plan to assist, both from a broad solution perspective, as well as from a narrow work cycle perspective
- Work closely with product team or clients in identifying key areas of improvement; develop a plan to implement improvements in those key areas
- Communicate all timelines and updates to timelines to relevant stakeholders, including account managers or clients directly
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience building software that manages healthcare claims and patient eligibility including working with EDI
- Experience with EDI transactions such as: 834, 835, 837, and 277
- End-to-end knowledge of healthcare claims processing and automation
- Experience working with technologies such as SQL, BizTalk, .NET, JSON, API, or NextGen Connect helpful
- A passion for software development with a constant desire to learn more and share that knowledge with others
- A desire to work collaboratively with other developers, testers, and product people
- The ability to give and receive honest and open feedback