Retail Paint Consultant - International
The Retail Paint Consultant has the responsibility for increasing paint sales within the True Value and GPM organizations, specifically with their applicable key accounts. This role includes cold calling, prospecting, and developing new accounts. The Retail Paint Consultant and TV internal contacts will work together to increase the number of retailers with a viable paint department. They will aid retailers with increasing paint department profitability by actively promoting sales and marketing initiatives. They will encourage periodic price-checking, timely inventory evaluations and refreshed merchandising implementation to help combat competitive pressures.
- Works closely with predetermined group of retailers and internal partners interested and willing to develop additional paint department sales by supporting more aggressive in-store exposure as well as participating in external sales development. This will encompass supporting training and empowering dedicated personnel to be effective in outside sales calls to end-users. In order to participate, the retailers must make competitive wholesale pricing available, have sufficient and correct inventory and have competent in-store personnel for follow-up.
- Works with specified retailers and provides training to staff, offers guidance on inventory levels, assists when requested in making outside sales calls. The Consultants will play a key role in developing prospect target lists.
- Drives new sales by the development of in-store demonstrations, comprehensive training programs, in-store seminars, optimizing merchandising opportunities and creating enthusiasm with store staff.
- Maintains relationships with key paint retailers by providing guidance on promotional programs and providing training to personnel on paint selling and merchandising, including being a liaison between Marketing and the member.
- Increase organic sales by increasing the number of participating paint outlets.
- Maintains a list of targeted key retailers, which includes earning potential, enthusiasm for developing paint sales, and quality of personnel for follow-up activities. This list will be prepared by National Sales Manager and Retail Consultants.
- Coordinate and align activities (including specific sales targets) with Tele-marketing support representatives.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience, preferably in Manufacturing Marketing, Merchandising, Retail, Sales, Supply Chain, Wholesale, preferably within paint sales, sundry products, or paint technicalities.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent Spanish.
Licenses & Certifications: N/A
Physical Requirements (Delete those that do not apply and only keep those that apply to the role)
- Balancing, Climbing, Crouching, Hearing, Kneeling, Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Repetitive Motion, Seeing, Sitting, Standing, Stooping, Talking, Typing, Visual Acuity, Walking
- The person should be able to move 5-gallon pails of paint, set paint departments and drive for long distances.
Work Environment: (Indoor/Outdoor/Heat/Cold) Generally, works in climate-controlled office environment.
Travel: International travel required. Need to leave near a major international airport (Miami, Orlando, Houston or Chicago preferred). May vary in length and duration. Role requires incumbent to travel from store to store and at times to markets and headquarters. Travel is typically by car and plane. Much of work takes place in store environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.