Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
As a Commercial Consultant, you will provide revenue support work for Caterpillar machines. In this specific role you will lead projects focused on pricing for global accounts and merchandising process improvements in support of the Global Merchandising Manager.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead projects with team members from across the Global Machine Pricing organization as well as partner sales teams focused on global account pricing.
- Work closely with the Global Merchandising Manager to drive process improvement and consistency across regional merchandising teams.
- Work with the Pricing Data & Technology team within Global Machine Pricing (GMP) on system and tool enhancements required by the Global Merchandising team.
- Complete pricing and merchandising analysis in support of the global merchandising team to help drive common, global analysis and process improvement.
- Work closely with the forecasting and reporting team within GMP to ensure reporting and metrics needs are met for global merchandising team
- 4 year college degree concentrated in business administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting, marketing, or related fields. Degree in engineering is also acceptable with relevant experience in marketing or pricing
- 4 or more years of experience within Accounting, Pricing, Marketing, Data Analytics, or related fields
Top Candidates will also have:
- Knowledge of various Caterpillar machine products, merchandising programs and business systems
- Understanding of Caterpillar’s commercial go to market strategy and tactics used by industry teams to deliver sales results.
- Strong analytical ability and initiative, be results oriented, have a high level of interpersonal skills and be an effective writer and oral communicator
- Background in Accounting/Business Resources, Finance/Treasury, marketing or Pricing
- Project management capabilities or experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex data analysis, including translation of data into clear and concise communication material, and collaborate with cross functional teams
This position will ideally be located in Peoria, Illinois or Cary, North Carolina however open to considering other Caterpillar facilities within the United States.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .