Quality Assurance Analyst
Bimbo Bakeries USA
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
The Quality Assurance
Analyst will ensure that all documentation related to product safety, legality,
and quality systems is maintained in compliance, with government, customer, and
third-party requirements. This position
is responsible for facilitating development, implementation and training for
comprehensive systems to ensure Quality and food safety. The focus will be consistent adherence to
documented regulatory, corporate and local regulations, standards and
practices. Promotes and supports company continuous improvement efforts and
initiatives. Ensures that associates
adhere to Plant and government regulations with emphasis on safety, quality,
food defense, Environmental and food safety.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Supports without hesitation General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense Initiatives, and Good Manufacturing
- Practices with an Understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1.
- Assist to resolve all customer complaints and investigations.
- Analyzes, assesses, develops and monitors the Environmental Pathogen Program by using Advanced Technology Microbiology techniques.
- Develops, writes, reviews and maintains HTML for all internal Quality Food Safety Manual, SQF, AIB, FDA, including all pertinent documentation in conjunction with all food standards and laws as they apply to the plant
- Develops and Optimizes the structure of HACCP/HARPC Food Safety Manual, using Food Microbiology, Analysis
- Chemistry, Biochemistry and Food Analysis/Processing Technique.
- Monitors all requirements of third-party auditors such as SQF, AIB, Cert ID, SW Silliker, FDA, USDA, Department of Agriculture
- Assist to respond to all escalated visitor queries and complaints
- Implements improvements to enhance customer service and interactions
- Develops and Optimizes Manufacturing Process Steps by implementing Food Process Control and Engineering.
- Reviews and develops updates to the Food Safety Program
- Facilitates to train all associates on food safety/food hygiene policies and procedures
- Provide HACCP, GMP, Allergen control, and lot traceability training to all associates
- Facilitates to train management associates on the plant’s QFS program
- Coordinates all Food Safety/Hygiene training
- Conducts internal audits and maintains compliance to specifications as mandated by customers
- Conducts audits of procedures used in all areas of the plant and issues a completed report with corrective actions to relevant managers and supervisors
- Works with all departments to keep informational paperwork current (i.e., Kosher certificates, supplier letters of continuing guarantee, supplier lot code verification and supplier food defense compliance letters
- Ensures food safety/hygiene policies and procedures are followed
- Mathematically analyzes and reviews all food safety records and data
- Verifies product formula/product analysis and ensures compliance between the network drive and R&D among
- Company Policy/Controls, Government Regulatory and Global Standards by applying the knowledge of US Food
- Regulatory, Food Nutrition Labeling and Organic Labeling.
- Assesses, analyzes and manages the document control program
- Handles all Plant Management traceability exercises
- Conducts follow ups with Managers to ensure that corrective actions/deviations are completed
- Conducts facility risk assessments and prioritizes work based upon assigned risks, keeping in line with business strategy
- Monitors the Pest Control Program and Chemical Control Program; analyzes results, develops corrections/alternatives if needed
- Initiates all data collection projects; collects and mathematically analyzes results; recommends and implements changes as necessary
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Education and Work History:
- Bachelor/Equivalent (or combination of education, training and experience). Prefer Food Safety Related, Manufacturing Related or Engineering Related field.
- HACCP, PCQI, Food Defense, Sanitation Essentials or AIB Food Safety/Sanitation residence course is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, QFS, operating, cleaning and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.Ability to speak effectively to groups of Associates of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excellent Communications Skills, Organization Skills, Time Management, Team Player, Dependable, Safety Conscious.
- Excellent Computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to rotate and adjust work schedule based on company needs
*The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.Apply