Quality Assurance Technician - First Shift
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for performing product inspection and/or audits of quality control programs. Assignments are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. General instructions are normally given on routine work and detailed instructions are given on new assignments. Self-directed work is occasionally required and input on continuous improvement is expected.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Performs manufacturing inspections, measurements, and testing of incoming components and raw materials.
* Works with Engineering or independently to define proper measurement techniques
* Operates quality inspection Equipment (Mitutoyo CMM, Caliper, Multimeter, Oscilloscope, etc)
* Enters data into Excel and assists Engineering with charting and analysis
* Ensures raw materials, in process, and finished products meet company standards.
* Other duties may be assigned as required and additional responsibilities possible for capable candidates
Education and Experience Requirements
* 5+ years’ experience using inspection equipment described above on machined and fabricated parts.
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and define capable measurement techniques
* Completion of high school, vocational training, or equivalent is preferred
Preferred Skills and Abilities
* CMM Programming
* Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
* Statistical Process Control (SPC)
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision requirements include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. In the work environment the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level is usually moderate.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal checks, consistent with applicable laws.