Intern - Part-time Software Quality & Test
S&C Electric Company
S&C, an electric utility industry Smart Grid leader shaping the future of power delivery, is seeking paid part-time Intern in Chicago who would enjoy a fast paced, dynamic team-based work environment. This internship is planned to span many consecutive quarters or semesters.
The recently created Software team within S&C is growing fast! You can expect to be busy and have ample opportunity to prove your worth within an agile, communicative, and fun environment. You will be teamed with experienced Engineers and other interns to learn, collaborate, design and execute a project that tackles real-world problems.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with some of S&C’s most innovative Smart-grid products
- Execute both manual and automated test cases
- Building test system fixtures
- Assist in managing the software test lab
- Learning from the experts the basic essentials of the software development life cycle.
- Participating in all necessary development stages pertinent to your project including design, code implementation, testing and documentation
- Extending your existing and/or learning new skills (depending on the project) which could include: C#, Java, .Net, LabVIEW, Jenkins, power control firmware testing (performed in a safe low-voltage environment)., Microsoft Office suite, Atlassian software development tools (JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket/GIT)
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Currently enrolled student with good standing attending an accredited program working towards a BS or MS degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a related engineering field.
- Ability to work 10 to 20 hours a week during a full academic year and normal business hours (with the exception of holiday breaks as necessary). Schedule flexibility for academic testing periods will accommodated.
- Knowledge of both hardware and software technologies are preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling