Quality Control Technician
Experis, a ManpowerGroup company has an exciting contract opportunity for a Quality Control Technician. This position is 6 months (Possible Extension) contract for one of our key clients, a global biopharmaceutical company that is engaged in the discovery, development, and manufacturer of healthcare products.
Title: Quality Control Technician
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Duration: 6 months (Possible Extension)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct product testing, including testing to support complaint investigations and stability verification
- Generate product testing results reports
- Review production batch records (DHR's) for accuracy and completeness in order to approve intermediate products for use in production. Review finished goods batch records. Report all deviations in these records and assures these have been addressed and resolved prior to issuing approval.
- Conduct spot-check inspections/audits of production operations
- Participate in the internal audit program
- Write, review and approve Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary
- May assist in supporting the Document Control program, record retention areas, and sample retention areas
- May support returned instrument processing
- Log returned instruments from the field.
- Decontaminate returned instruments in a Biohazard level II environment following standard operating procedure and documenting decontamination as required.
- Inspect returned instruments for damage and performing basic investigation and documenting results prior to second level processing.
- as necessary, process instrument documentation for return to repair facility, and pack instruments as required.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to follow Good Manufacturing/Laboratory Practices (GMP and GLP)
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in a scientific or technical area or equivalent combination of experience and education. At least one year in quality assurance role in medical device industry is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before small groups of customers or employees of organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow procedures and accurately document results
- Understanding the manufacturing processes of Company products and ability to recognize deviations from approved documented procedures
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use bleach for cleaning purposes is required.
612-246-3934 Ext: 7182