Quality Control Engineer
Creative Financial Staffing
The Quality Engineer will have an active role supporting a developing product line, ensuring the finished product exceeds customer expectations to drive business growth. This also includes service engineering tasks such as supporting customers and call center agents with troubleshooting guidance, as well as collaborating with a global manufacturing team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide high quality engineering support, ensuring the product meets customer requirements.
- Document manufacturing process and product modification procedures.
- Lead the process of providing prompt responses to customers on quality issues.
- Proactively take ownership of quality by developing plans to promote continuous improvement.
- Coordinate quality adjustments with a production / assembly team that perform basic assembly and highly technical product updates.
- Develop and maintain metrics.
- Travel to customer sites to perform installations, preventative maintenance, modifications and service repairs when needed.
- Conduct root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving and product improvement.
- Provide technical support to call center agents.
- Collaborate with a third-party service company, providing OEM support to drive efficient problem solving and customer satisfaction.
- To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have experience working with QA tools such as 8D, 5Why, Ishikawa, FMEA and PPAP.
- Proficient with inspection and measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, multi-meters and oscilloscopes.
- Engineering / Technical degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in industrial distribution industry preferred (components in equipment manufactured for businesses and consumers).
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skill.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential with high attention to detail. Must have exceptional customer service skill.
- Travel required up to 20%.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.