Manager-Software Quality & Test
S&C Electric Company
Our smart gird products offer protection and restoration to the power grid and to our customers. We are looking for a Software Quality & Test Manager with the experience, ability, and drive to lead an embedded software quality team to ensure the highest quality in the software that goes into our products.
The responsibilities involve developing, planning, and executing concurrent projects with aggressive schedule requirements. The candidate should have experience in leading both agile and waterfall projects. Background should include experience in the following: embedded software testing, power system, automation (Robot Framework, Python, etc.), test system design (LabVIEW, NI FPGA), project management, and 5+ people team management.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Test Cycle Management: Create software testing project schedules, tasks, project completion time estimates, and other projects’ deliverable. Manage all necessary software testing work pertinent to software design including requirement analysis, test specifications, and related documentation demonstrating quality improvements
- Process Improvement: Understand our products and identify/correct where the quality gaps are in our processes and testing
- Automation: Manage automation effort to speed up test cycle. Manage test system development with NI equipment and LabVIEW
- Manage a team of 5+.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Ability to build and lead a highly performing team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical degree and experience
- 5+ years in a software company that released mission critical products for external customer deployments
- Experience in leading/managing a team of 5 or more distributed software test engineers
- Experience in working on teams using Agile development techniques and test-driven development
- Proficiency with test design, reporting and support of the software development lifecycle (such as JIRA, Confluence, Git and qTest)
- Proficiency with automated test systems based on industry standard tools including Robot Framework, LabVIEW, Selenium, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience in Agile Methodology and running Sprints
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication (presentation, written, verbal) and presentation skills
- 10% travel is needed for this position
- Preferred: Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) or Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) that have extensive experience in LabVIEW development, but had transition to a less technical and more people/project management role.
Relevant Experience Required: 5 to 10 years of relevant experience with embedded software testing, managed people and/or projects.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Standing: Occasional standing for work
Lifting: Occasional lifting of controls and test equipment, less than 50 pounds
Walking: Occasional walking throughout the facility
Carrying: Occasional carrying of light objects
Pushing: Infrequent pushing of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work
Pulling: Infrequent pulling of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work
Bending: Occasional bending during access to equipment
Reaching: Infrequent reaching
Handling: Frequent handling of parts or tools
Environment: Standard office / desktop workspace