2022 Summer Engineering Internship (OSS & Testing Automation)
2022 Summer Engineering Internship (OSS & Testing Automation) - ENG001736
Looking for an internship this summer? U.S. Cellular can serve as an exceptional place for learning, doing impactful work and launching your career. And our internship program provides comprehensive platforms to gain real-life experience, better preparing you for your career in the wireless industry.
In this full-time 10-week Internship, you will have the opportunity to support UScellular's Automation and Analytics Engineering department in a variety of areas.
In this internship you will perform structured work assignments and:
- Work within the OSS & Testing Automation team to support various initiatives and specific projects, which include: OSS Platform Management, Software Update and Integration of OSS to FM, CM and PM systems. CI/CD/CT for OSS of 3G/4G/5G Network for E2E Services. Working with Multivendor OSS, Develop and Configuration E2E emulated test cases for continuous testing of all cloud infrastructure for 3G/4G/5G
- Provides services and support for key areas in Engineering to deliver on execution, through software development and/or scripting, Software Lifecycle Management, Acceptance Testing and working with Cloud Native Infrastructure.
- Apply company policies and procedures and apply existing knowledge to resolve routine issues via our Virtual Test Application & Environments:
- Learn, analyze, and create necessary solutions/reports to help support Engineering efforts and interwork with other engineering teams to accomplish these goals on behalf of the larger department.
Qualifications - External
- Working toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a related technical or Engineering field.
- Experience with standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills coupled with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to participate and work well in cross-functional teams.
- Good presentation and communication skills as well as technical background.
- Previous internships or knowledge in Engineering or the telecom industry preferred.
- Knowledge of telecommunications/wireless industry a plus.
Job : Engineering
Location(s) : Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.