Global Sales Director - Energy & Industrial Automation
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
The Director of Sales is responsible for directing the sale of UL’s services within the Energy & Industrial Automation industry globally with teams in the US, Europe, and Asia. Coordinates with Business Development and Global Operations to develop sales strategies and forecasts sales volumes for all products/channels in each region.
- Develops, communicates, and manages the successful performance of regional revenue, orders and cross-selling goals.
- Understands and effectively leverages customer, industry, and internal sales information to drive performance and sustain a competitive edge.
- Leads client engagement by developing and managing relationships at the C-Suite and middle management level for customers.
- Develops a full understanding and appreciation for account culture.
- Directs the development and execution of customer relationship plans that detail business goals and strategies which deliver customer solutions.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by developing accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing career counseling, feedback and guidance and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree) in Business Administration or a related discipline plus generally 12 Years or more of related discipline experience or demonstrated competency including 5 Years or more of relevant management/leadership experience or demonstrated competency.
- MBA is preferred.
- Strong technical and business/economic foundation, including formal account planning, sales strategy development, sales tracking, and measurement.
- Ability to interact with customers throughout all levels of their organization which include highly visible activities such as negotiating or presenting.
- Requires a focused individual that has a clear vision and can think strategically.
- Ability to work and lead in a matrixed organizational structure.
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com