S&C Electric Company
The Quality Assurance organization provides a variety of services aimed at helping its internal customers, S&C leaders and team members, deliver superior quality to our customers. Quality planning, inspection, audit, quality information, quality improvement consulting, and quality communications are examples of the kind of services that the organization provides.
In this job you will be responsible for auditing processes which are covered by the ISO-9001 and ISO-17025 standard. This will include applying the ISO-9001 standard to all of S&C’s processes, the writing of audit results, electronic record keeping, and working closely with other auditors. Between 3 to 4 times per year, you will be required to travel to different locations, such as Alameda, CA., Franklin, WI., and West Palm Beach, FL. to verify they are meeting the ISO-9001 requirements. Between 1 to 2 times per year, you will be responsible for auditing the high voltage lab and NEETRAC to the ISO-17025 standard. In addition, you will be responsible for reporting the results to A2LA, our registrar for the high voltage lab. Besides performing the ISO audit, you will be responsible for preforming supplemental audits on specific processes to identify opportunities for improvement. The supplemental audits require a detailed action plan for each identified opportunity for improvement and follow up to verify actions are implemented in a timely manner.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing ISO Audits.
- Performing supplemental audits on a specific process to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Interpreting and writing audit results.
- Providing support for processes and leadership.
- Auditing and supporting S&C subsidiaries for ISO audits.
- Supporting other facets of QA as needed or requested.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand mechanical and fabrication drawings and use shop math.
- Ability to conduct process audits in accordance with the ISO-9001 and ISO-17025 standards.
- Basic PC skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Basic Knowledge of Measuring Equipment.
- Ability to create/update process audit logs and schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a service environment.
- Ability to travel 3 to 4 time per year to different S&C US locations.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Ability to support departmental team members on short notice even when working remotely.
- Ability to change your work schedule on short notice.
- Ability to represent S&C during supplier visits and audits.
- Willingness to take classes both inside and outside of S&C.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Relevant Work Experience:
One year of experience in a Manufacturing Environment working within a Quality Assurance capacity.