Claim Adjuster II; Non Profit, D&O
AmTrust North America
The claims adjuster II will be handeling our Non Profit, D&O book of business. This posiiton is expected to demonstrate a solid knowledge of claims handling principles and practices for all Non Profit, D&O claims. This position is responsible for building a strong foundation for each claim in order to properly apply coverage, determine liability, and make claim settlements as necessary. Independent judgment is required in determining when to consult claims management when confronted with non-routine situations or problems.
- Under general direction, process to conclusion of Non Profit, D&O claims
- Verifies coverage information, gathers loss information such as statements from parties involved, witnesses, police reports, etc in order to make an educated liability decision
- Handles repair and total loss settlements over the phone by contacting both insureds and claimants and explaining settlement process
- Handles high exposure bodily injury claims up to and including litigation
- For total losses, calculates DMV fees and sales tax, contacts lien holders for payoff information and handles payoff issues
- Handles salvage and recognizes subrogation potential as necessary
- Accountable for compliance with the California Department of Insurance Regulations
- Recognizes SIU exposures and is able to implement appropriate procedures
- Co-ordinates all claim file activity, including large loss reporting as necessary
- Works with outside vendors including appraisers, independent adjusters, salvage vendor, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience
- Ability to supervise, coach, and lead team of examiners and assistants when necessary
- 3+ years of claims handling experience
- Claims certification from the Insurance Institute of America or equivalent education
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Have strong decision making ability
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, and ability to learn new software programs
- Provide a high degree of customer service
- Possess superior mathematical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing and changing environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, organizes time, and balances multiple responsibilities
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.