Manager, HR Compliance
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities
- Manage the development and implementation of the Affirmative Action Program to ensure regulatory compliance including AAP, EEO & Veteran reporting
- Work with HR team members and external vendor(s) to ensure the collection and analysis of data to prepare, submit and implement and track affirmative action plans
- Maintain and expand knowledge of existing and proposed federal, state and local laws. In partnership with Legal Department, develop and implement actions to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, communicated and adhered to.
- Manage compliance-related vendors including deliverables, contracts and payments
- Lead HR skill development, conduct trainings and create tools to build core competencies in key aspects of the HR function.
- Coordinate with Legal and Learning & Development to provide necessary compliance training to Human Resources, managers and employees as appropriate.
- Prepare reports regarding compliance operations and progress on a routine basis
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Shared Services with regards to applicant tracking, candidate dispositioning and data integrity processes.
- Oversee and manage background process to ensure Company meets internal compliance standards and local laws
- Manage HR Policies, employee relations & performance management playbook
- Ensure HR/employment policies are current, legally compliant and applied consistently and evenhandedly across the organization
- Develop standard performance improvement and discipline policies
- Manage the Accommodation processes across the Company
- Conduct HR process audits, identify gaps and recommend/implement remediation plans to mitigate risk
- Counsel HR team on I-9 compliance, onboarding, workers’ compensation, wage payment requirements, employee complaints, performance management, employee & candidate screening, disciplinary actions and employee separation best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of broad human resources experience
- 5+ years of experience with an emphasis on employment law compliance with responsibility for Affirmative Action Plan development, communications and monitoring
- Thorough understanding of federal, state and local employment laws
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and satisfy numerous competing demands
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and integrity
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret data
- Excellent written and verbal skills required