Life Sciences Product Underwriter
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
We understand the unique needs of today’s Life Sciences companies, and offer innovative coverage solutions that evolve along with their business. We’re in the business of helping people achieve amazing things by protecting the things that matter most. And you can help us when you join our team of underwriters. They’re at the center of everything we do – and by joining us, you’ll be on a team known throughout the industry for providing our customers with just the right amount of coverage they need to pursue their unique interests.
Your underwriting career here means collaboration, inclusivity, innovative thinking and so much more. Here, doing things the way they’ve always been done isn’t a part of the job. Here, you’ll be putting your creative insights to work with other underwriters and leaders, having a seat at the table with key decision makers. And you’ll have any number of opportunities for your career to grow in whatever direction you choose.
As a Property & Casualty Life Sciences Underwriter, you will quarterback the sales and underwriting process by building exceptionally strong and lasting relationships with agents and brokers, ensuring that The Hartford is the carrier of choice. Success in this role will also entail effective account stewardship by managing the sales process from strategic planning to operational excellence and developing cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across the team. We have a collaborative and results oriented environment, where approachable industry leaders mentor and inspire their teams to win in the market and have fun while doing it.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Minimum of 5+ years of P&C Middle Market or Technology Carrier production underwriting experience is required; Life Sciences is preferred. Also willing to consider a candidate with 5+ years of Broker/Agency experience who is also a Life Sciences expert.
• Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining solid relationships with all internal and external business partners.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• An ability to think analytically about business problems, make recommendations and propose solutions.
• High energy self-starter, who is resilient and has an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Demonstration of solid time, organizational, and desk management skills.
• Goal-oriented and delivers outcomes.
• Ability to challenge the status quo and compete to win.
• Superior technical knowledge and sound decision-making and analytical skills.
Note that due to the Broker-facing marketing nature of these roles, they cannot be 100% remote and candidates must reside within driving distance to one of thes posted Regional Office location(s).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/AgeExecutive Underwriter - UY07AE