Service Quality Engineer - Roselle, IL
Signode is a leading transit-packaging provider, offering safe and effective products and solutions to our customers globally.
With over $2B in revenue, 80+ manufacturing facilities across 6 continents and over 7,000 employees worldwide, Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of line packaging operations and protect products in transit. Signode brings this extensive product portfolio together under hundreds of trusted brands to offer complete transit packaging solutions to its customers.
We produce strap, stretch and protective packaging. We also manufacture packaging tools and equipment used to apply the bulk packaging materials. These commercial packaging products are used to pack, bundle, unitize, protect and secure goods during warehousing and transit. Our company is a pioneer in the industrial packaging sector with a long history of customer-focused innovations in materials, processes and automation technology that have revolutionized the sector.
We are proud to be the Transit Packaging Division of Crown Holdings, Inc. We are excited to go to market as Signode and to share the portfolio of products, services and capabilities that make us the world’s premier end-of-line packaging company.
Please read the below job description and if you are interested please apply on Signode’s website here.
TITLE: Supplier Quality Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Signode Industrial Group
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
LOCATION: Roselle, IL
Please Note: This position will start off onsite at the current location in Glenview, IL. However, by Spring 2021 the new location for Signode will be Roselle, IL. The Roselle location offers a newer facility, doubling in size and providing an up-to-date, state-of-the-art customer engagement center and more.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for confirming the quality of parts and components produced by third party suppliers for tools and equipment manufacturing operations. This role will also support root cause and countermeasure investigations for defects encountered either during assembly operations or in the field.
Lastly, the role will support new product introduction and new supplier qualification activities through clients Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). The Supplier Quality Engineer will also oversee Supplier quality issues through (DMN) Defective Material Notification System) and to verify (RCCM) Root Cause and Counter measures by visiting the supplier’s facility.
• Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation of supplier-produced components.
• Devises sampling procedures and designs/develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting supplier quality and reliability data.
• Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
• Partners with Engineering and Operations to define critical/control specifications and conducts part measurement to ensure compliance with tolerances.
• Directs workers engaged in measuring components and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality.
• Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
•Works with the Quality Manager to adhere to ISO 9001 Other duties may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing/Industrial engineering or related degree, or equivalent from a four-year college; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 4+ years of experience inspecting high precision mechanical components.
• Broad experience using inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, micro-vu scope, scales, fixtures, gages, and microscopes to measure or inspect parts for compliance.
• Ability to read and interpret Engineering blueprints and specifications
• Broad knowledge manufacturing processes necessary for mechanical components (stamping, forging, casting, machining, etc.) and electrical/electronic components
• Knowledge of automotive PPAP processes
• Ability to review and interpret First Article and In-Process inspection results
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Fluency in English mandatory with knowledge of German preferred
• Strong MSOffice (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) skills.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.