Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Marketing / Sales / Product Support
To increase share of industry customer spend on all Caterpillar products and services. Drive increased customer loyalty throughout the designated industry. This position exists in an isolated location with limited support from others and therefore requires a higher level of subject matter expertise; higher than other levels of Industry Field Supervisor positions.
Typically operates in locations with more than 1 currency, typically 2 or more currencies; scope of territory is usually more than 4 countries or independent territories, along with more than 5 dealers; thirty percent or more of the dealers are not at 'Targeted Performance' concerning the Alignment with Caterpillar section of the Dealer Profile; responsible for team leadership expertise in an isolated location with limited support from others.
Develops new opportunities in complex markets or closes significant misalignment gaps (30% or less aligned); significant independent accountability for a greater number of dealers (sales execution and technical support decision); less issues are escalated; limited support from their manager (Industry Sales Manager)
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Operating Budget $1M to $2M
Sales up to $800M
Price Realization Target up to $10M
Total Employees up to 10 (all direct reports)
The Industry Field Supervisor at this level operates at the highest-level autonomy and independence and is responsible for the sale of machines and parts to customers in the designated industry(s). Leads a team typically comprised of sales, technical support, application experts, and product support field personnel to achieve goals.
• Meet/Exceed Business Plan Sales and Market Share (PINS, Yield) targets for all machines and
work tools sold into a specific industry segment
• Responsible for “selling the house” (integrated solutions) and assist in merchandising dealer
• Manages Merchandising Funds for Machines & Work Tools. Responsible for Price Realization
for these disciplines.
• Develop Marketing Plans to Achieve BP for Machines, Rental, Parts & Work Tools
• Oversee service goodwill spending on all products within industry segment
• Ensure customer satisfaction through management of product and commercial issues
• Leads service tech reps for focus on quality to achieve key metrics related to Continuous Product
Improvement (CPI) and service capability.
• Responsible for leadership and supervision of the industry field reps, typically consisting of sales,
application, service and/or product support.
• Report on competitive activities including machine & work tools competitive pricing (Lost Sales
• Develop relevant reports on trends required to support necessary Business Reviews.
• Training and development of the district sales and service staff; sets objectives, establishes
standards of performance and evaluates district staff performance; sales forecasts, objectives,
work plans, and budgets
Applicable Metrics are as follows:
• Business Plan Achievement: Machines, Work Tools
• Sales Growth: Machines, Work Tools and Service
• Market Share: Machine (PINS) & Work Tools (Yield)
• Forecast Accuracy for designated Industry - - both Business Plan and Rolling Forecasts
• Customer Satisfaction: Machines
• Sales Variance: Machines & Work Tools
• Participation and Closure Rates
• The position requires thorough knowledge of company products and product applications, merchandising programs, and/or warranty practices and procedures. Broad company knowledge and strong understanding of dealers as well as customers is also required.
• The position typically requires a college or university degree or equivalent experience.
• In addition, 3 to 5 years of prior supervisory experience along with a previous field based assignment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific action.
• Languages are a plus. German and/or Italian.
This Job Description is intended as a general guide to job duties for this position and is intended for the purpose of establishing the specific salary grade. It is expressly not intended to be a comprehensive list of “essential job functions” as that term is defined by the Americans With Disabilities Ac
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .