Quality Control Coordinator
Graphic Packaging International
$750 SIGN ON BONUS + $200 VACCINE INCENTIVE BONUS
Due to COVID-19 facemask and social distancing is required at all times. If you are sick please stay home and we can schedule an interview at another time.
OPPORTUNITY: We are a Foodservice folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Carol Stream team. We’re recruiting for multiple positions so be sure you review all of our job postings. This job posting is for a Quality Clerk Coordinator with a pay range of 20.36/hour plus shift differential and progressive pay increases. We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. Many of our roles are skilled trade positions and our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry with an earning potential to 31.06/hour plus shift differential. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tabaco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position you feel you’re qualified and would like to be considered for.
JOB SUMMARY: This position responsible for developing and maintaining standard operating procedures throughout the Complex. Also responsible for analyzing quality metrics, customer feedback and developing action plans to ensure high quality and customer satisfaction. They understand and align business operations and Quality Department as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Work within and adhere to GPI’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships and Teamwork.
- Interface with multiple departments to develop and maintain product and process information databases; SAP, etc.
- Work closely across the company on various corporate issues and projects.
- Maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and business processes. Manage the control of documents and procedures; update/create as needed. Perform regular audits of the standard procedures.
- Collect and analyze operational, service and customer data to ensure, drive and create action plans that improve product reliability, customer satisfaction, and quality resulting in improved metrics while ensuring valid data.
- Provide quality data analysis to improve teams and processes on a timely basis.
- Create and effectively communicate quality metrics to key stakeholders as needed.
- Develop and maintain databases and automated collection systems.
- Manage and maintain quality alert programs.
- Maintain metrics, graphs and develop action plans in support of organization workout team projects, LEAN documentation, while learning all facets of the folding carton industry.
- Will serve as the liaison between the customer and Graphic Packaging through site visits and other communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- A bachelors or technical degree is required; 2 – 5 years of experience in quality systems and continuous improvement preferred, but not required.
- Must have the ability to create and decipher charts and graphs.
- Ability to communicate comfortably and effectively with upper management and customers.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be flexible, self-motivate and willing to expand their responsibilities.
* “Commonly associated” is not intended to mean always or only. There may be different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English. Clear and professional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of various carton defects and their causes a plus.
- Ability to perform intermediate/advance computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access); SAP knowledge a plus
- Schedule is Monday thru Friday with a start time no later than 7:30am and end of shift is no earlier than 4:30pm
- Must be willing and able to work overtime
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Routine Lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Occasional Lifting up to 45 lbs.
- Push/pull pallet jack with up to 15 lb. push force load.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment.
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Apply