Claims Representative - Auto and Liability
Claims Representative- Auto / General Liability
· Under the direction of the Claims Team Leader investigates and settles Auto and General Liability claims promptly, equitably and within established best practices guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Receive assignments.
· Reviews claim and policy information to provide background for investigation and may determine the extent of the policy's obligation to the insured depending on the line of business.
· Contacts, interviews and obtains statements (recorded) from insureds, claimants, witnesses, physicians, attorneys, police officers, etc. to secure necessary claim information.
· Evaluates facts supplied by investigation to determine extent of liability of the insured, if any, and extend of the company's obligation to the insured under the policy contract.
· Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties etc.
· Sets reserves within authority limits and recommends reserve changes to Team Leader.
· Reviews progress and status of claims with Team Leader and discusses problems and suggested remedial actions.
· Prepares and submits to Team Leader, Clients, and/or Insurers, unusual or possible undesirable exposures.
· Assists Team Leader in developing methods and improvements for handling claims.
· Settles claims promptly and equitably.
· Obtains releases, proofs of loss or compensation agreements and issues company drafts in payments for claims.
· Informs claimants, insureds/customers or attorney of denial of claim when applicable
· Manages the litigation process to control expenses and achieve appropriate outcomes
· May assist Team Leader and company attorneys in preparing cases for trial by arranging for attendance of witnesses and taking statements. Continues efforts to settle claims before trial.
· Refers claims to subrogation as appropriate. May arrange for other recovery proceedings as necessary by line of business.
· May participate in claim file reviews and audits with customer/insured and broker.
· Maintains control of claim's resolution process to minimize current exposure and future risks
· Establishes and maintains strong customer relations
Depending on the line of business, other duties may include:
· Maintaining system logs
· Meeting State Compliance requirements
· 3-5 years experience handling Auto and General Liability claims in most states. Possess current adjusting licenses in states, where required
· Basic knowledge of claims handling and familiarity with claims terminologies
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to be capable of dealing with claimants, customers, insureds, brokers, attorneys etc in a positive manner concerning losses.
· Ability to self motivate and work independently
Direct: (732) 272 0298 | [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Direct: (732) 272 0265 | [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]