Quality Auditor/Warehouse Associate Second Shift (1:30 to 10:00pm)
Munch's Supply LLC
Ever dream of doing work that makes a difference? Here it is! We seek the talent of a dynamic Quality Auditor/Warehouse Associate for our second shift (1:30 to 10:00 pm) who seeks to bring their “A” game to a collaborative team of talented professionals to help launch a new facility. You are not afraid to make impact where your opinion matters in a company that has a mast erful, mature history that operates as best-in-class. If you ’re tired of working in silos on boring projects, join us. We’re dynamic and we know it.
As the Quality Auditor/Warehouse Associate, you will:
- Be responsible for the accurate checking or counting of all products for outbound freight and for ensuring all product is free of damage.
- Use the RF and Eclipse system to check the contents of outbound freight that is filled and assembled.
- Compare the quantity, quality, labeling and address with customers or branch to ensure outgoing shipments are complete and correct.
- Conduct audits on outbound loads to customer or internal branches.
- Communicate all product defects to management. Responsible for reporting shortages, damages and miss -shipments on appropriate forms and forwards to appropriate individuals/dep artments.
- At times, be responsible for performing warehouse related functions of handling merchandise and product incoming or outgoing including shipping, receiving, transferring, stocking, picking, and pulling product for customers, vendors, and branch locations as required.
- Train on first shift and then move to second shift.
Let’s unpack this – Who are we?
Founded in 1956, Munch's Supply is the exclusive distributor for Trane and American Standard HVAC products in Northern Illinois, Northwest Indiana and the lower peninsula of Michigan. Exceptional quality, outstanding customer service and competitive pricing have helped make the company a premier wholesaler for almost 65 years and one of the top 10 HVAC distributors nationwide. We are looking for a go-getter who is ready to “roll up your sleeves” and get things done. We offer a bright future due to our amazing growth. We are on a roll, and there is no stopping us now!
With almost 1000 employees across the Midwest, New England, and the Canadian Province of Ontario, we operate in 15 states with over 50 branches. Our commitment to service extends to our communities as well. We proudly represent products from more than 100 leading industry manufacturers with 10,000 SKUs in our full assortment. Our commitment to service also extends to our communities. In addition to an annual food drive at our branches each fall, we are also a proud supporter of St. Jude Children's Hospital. Each year, employees and their families participate in the St. Jude Walk/Run to end childhood cancer. Working as a team, in 2020, Munch's raised almost $10,000—finishing in the top 10 fundraising teams in Chicago.
What’s in it for you?
A nice competitive salary for sure! On your first day, you will be eligible for a host of health benefits that include medical, vision, dental, accident and critical illness insurance and life with AD&D insurance. We also offer short and long-term disability, as well as voluntary life & AD&D coverage for yourself, spouse and children. Eligibility for the company's retirement savings plan (401k) begins on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. And, if that is not enough, you will accrue paid time off and vacation at a rate equal to 3 weeks in your first year alone. You will have paid holidays, a great employee discount, employee assistance program, casual dress code, company-paid clothing program, flexible work hours, summer work hours, and much more!
Minimum Job Requirements
- High School diploma or its GED equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience with inventory, warehouse, supply chain and related functions.
- High degree of personal ethics, customer service, and commitment to safety.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications as needed to satisfactorily perform work assignments – Word, intermediate to advanced practical application of Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint as well as have the ability to learn company enterprise systems as needed – Solar Eclipse, etc.
- Aptitude for mathematical operations and numerical analysis.
- Use computers, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners, and phone systems relative to the needs of the job.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize, set and keep deadlines, change direction quickly, and adapt to various work environments easily.
- Must be able to work independently and at times discreetly, use sound judgment, and make thoughtful decisions in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate well interpersonally, written, and in group settings as well as have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work effectively in group settings through collaborative, solutions oriented, and win-win approaches.
- Must be able to understand and abide by company policies and procedures.
- Minimum keyboarding skills of 40 words per minute.
- Travels to branch locations as needed.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-5 years’ experience with inventory, warehouse, supply chain and related functions.
- Advanced Excel skills, application, and practical use.
- Aptitude and ability to perform physical and worksheet data analysis as well as convert analysis trends, markers, and summaries into charts, graphs, and other related graphical depictions.
We provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, age, race, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identification, physical or mental disability, or any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States.
We’re only a click away. Apply today. Come see what we’re all about! This is a full-time permanent position just waiting for you! We provide confidential, discreet review on all inquiries.Apply